November 13, 2012

Christmas Countdown on Canvas!


Hello!!
 
I am super excited to show you a project I did over the weekend. Christmas advent Calenders usually have a hidden chocolate or treat of some kind but I didn't want to confuse Michael. I want him to learn the concept of a countdown, the treats would distract him so I made this Fun Christmas Calender countdown on canvas!!!!  Michael loves it as much as I do.
 
As I was visiting my super blogger friends the other day I got inspired by three of them!!!
( Kristan , Karon and Yvonne)
Kristan - cracked paint
Karon  - Advent Calender
Yvonne- using mixed mediums

 Click on the image to see details such as the crackled paint and gauze!!!




 
What I used:
Neutral and SandStone Crackled Paint
Guaze around edges and mixed in with Crackled Paint (Messy!)
Brown acrylic paint
Pattern snowflake paper
labeler (for the numbers)
Circle Punch
Grommets
Tea Dye Ink/ Red Brick Ink
Chevron Stamp
3D popdots for Snowman
Cotton balls for snow
Rub On Transfers ( Rubbed on white paper and cut out to strengthen it as I sat it on 3D popdots.



Also I want to show you a new shelf I got!! Troy brought it home from work asking me if I could use it, (Silly question, hehe) 


I am entering this calender into D.L.ART Challenge  -Thankful Thursday


12 comments:

jessica said...

What an awesome calendar Naomi! I LOVE all the details you added!!! Awesome holiday project!!!!Silly to ask a crafter if we could use something...LOL!! We can ALWAYS find a way to use it...LOVE the shelf!!!
TFS and have a GREAT Tuesday!!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Aw... I am glad i could inspired you!! You did a much better job with the Crackle paint then I did (mine didn't really look like crackle). I love the calender very pretty!! Love the shelf!
Kristan

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh that advent calendar is AWESOME!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee it!!! So fun!! And loving that new shelf!!!! How COOL!!!

Wendy L said...

So gorgeous, really well done you, xxxx

Lisa said...

Your advent calender is so fabulous!! I love the design!! I used to love counting down with our advent calendar and it didn't have treats...but each day was a day closer to presents ;) Your new shelf is awesome!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is amazing Naomi - fabulous. I'm sure you will enjoy seeing the excitement grow in Michael as the days get knocked off:-) Fabulous shelf too:-) TFS

Sherrie K. said...

Wowee.....this is so awesome! I love all the texture and what a amazing event calendar! Great project! Love your new shelf....any crafter can make use of that, ha?
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this advent calendar, You did a super job on it and it only took you the weekend? WOW great idea without the candy. Love the shelf, isn't it great when husbands bring home something that helps organize craft stuff, mine does that too. Great post. Have a great day.

DIANA L. said...

Awesome what a fun project. Great texture and colors Fun super inspiring.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES November Linky Party
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love your advent calendar. I can't believe it only took a weekend. Don't you just love these surprise finds?

Migdalia said...

This is AMAZING!SUPER DUPER AMAZING!!Love all the details!!This would fit perfect by my Christmas tree and your Christmas cards(plural...LOL).I know that you are not feeling well so I thought that this would cheer you up a little. :-)
No..but seriously,it would look GREAT by my tree!LOL
Please tell TROY that he is SUPER DUPER AWESOME for getting a new shelf for you.Where's mine?..lol
Sending my LOVE,HUGS and HEART to you,Michael & Troy,
Migdalia

Karen said...

My sweet friend, I apologize for the delay! Once again, I couldn't squeeze in any Blogger time for a few days so today has been super dooper catch up with everyone! Your canvas advent calendar is spectacular! What a clever idea and so thoughtful toward your sweet kiddo! I love this idea so much and you executed it beautifully. Every detail is marvelous, right down to that sweet snowman! Your hard work was well worth it, although it's amazing you did this in one weekend! I'd need at least a week! I love your new shelf, too. :o) You've filled it up nicely! Crafty supplies are just so pretty. ;) I've missed you and am so happy to be visiting and seeing what you're up to! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...