July 11, 2012

Lots of Rosettes plus Techniques


Good Morning,
Where I have been busy planning my new scraproom and all my scrapbooking supplies are in the basement I thought, instead of making a card I would do something that didn't require a lot of running up and down the stairs to get supplies,  therefore I choose rosettes!!!

Rosettes are one of the most popular way to embellish your project these days and there are different techniques you can use to make them the way you want them. The most popular is to add a button and twine on top. I decided to experiement and this is what I came up with.

Christina had given me paper by Companion and the beauty of this paper is you have two colored papers on one piece of paper which can make a very interesting rossette!  See below!



The measurements for my rossette's are 12 inches long by 1 inch wide, I scored at 1/4 inches



Another technique is to use Tim Holtz distress inks on white.


A Blending Tool is a great investment, now that I have one I don't think I could do without it.



The white rossettes are the ones I choose to be inked so the ink would be more noticable. I inked them when they were strips on both sides, you only need to do one side if you are adding a button,  you can also ink the top when done, I tried it and didn't really like it much.



 Another technique I used is Spectrum Noir! I randomly dotted the strip before making it into a rossette along with both sides.

Spectrum Noir are alcohol pens that are  used to color digital images, they are perfect for blending as long as you have the right paper!



This is my favorite out of all of them!!!!!




Have a terrific day!!!!!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Crafters Companion are WONDERFUL!! I love them!!! And love love love your rosettes!! They are gorgeous!

jessica said...

I LOVE rosettes and these are super beautiful!! Love those papers!!!!
TFS and hope you're having a GREAT summer!!

Wendy L said...

They look good Naomi. xxxxxx

Sherrie K. said...

These are beautiful rosettes Naomi!! Love the papers:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Christina Griffiths said...

What a good way to use the papers Naomi and the rosettes are just gorgeous ... can't wait to see the card they go on .... when the craft room is ready of course xxx

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...